A bit of history
Baxi Italy is a company that dates its roots back in 1925 when the Austrian family Westen established Smalterie Metallurgiche Venete plant, one of the biggest plant for the production of enamelled products as electric water-heaters, bathtubs and steel radiators. By the end of the 70's, the company focused its production on heating sector becoming one of the first plants to introduce gas domestic products with the production of wall-hung boilers at the same time with gas network development. By mid 80's, the company keep performing brilliant results consolidating its presence on the domestic area; then the expansion toward foreign markets started.
In 1999 entered the BAXI GROUP, European leader in heating sector.
In 2009 De Dietrich Remeha Group and Baxi Group announce the creation of BDR Thermea.
- Westen - Enamelled cutleries, steel radiators, bathtubs. Westen family establishes Smalterie Metallurgiche Venete plant in Bassano del Grappa. From 1925 to 1950 the production consists in enamelled cutleries, steel radiators and tubs
- Westen - cooking surfaces and gas kitchens. Smalterie Metallurgiche Venete wides their products range with cooking surfaces and gas kitchens.
| 1965 |
- Electric water heaters - In 1965 there is a production area enlargement that reaches 54.000 sm. In these years starts the production of electric water heaters.
| 1977 |
- Zanussi - In 1977 Zanussi acquires Smalterie Metallurgiche Venete and the plant becomes Zanussi Group productive centre for heating and sanitary products: boilers, electric water heaters, steel radiators and tubs
| 1984 |
- Ocean Idroclima - takes over Bassano del Grappa plant from Zanussi and starts exporting worldwide.
| 1999 |
- BAXI - In february 1999 Baxi Group Ltd took over Ocean Idroclima. The synthesis between experience and technological research gives born to Luna: Baxi new range of wall-hung boilers.
| 2002 |
- BAXI - Continuous product evolution and ability in satisfying customers needs, have permitted Baxi to become un of the leaders in heating sector. In 2002 there is the range completion thanks to the launch of new high tech models as Luna Silver Space (for partially protected spots), Luna HT (condensing) and Nuvola (storage boiler)
| 2005 |
- BAXI - Caring the environment, safety and energetical saving, Baxi has developed new condensing products widening the HT boilers range: Nuvola (storage boiler), Luna HT Combi (with an 80 l. boiler), Luna HT Residential (up to 100kW) and Luna IN HT (built-in)
| 2007 |
- BAXI - Revolutionises the world of comfort! Besides reaching high performances and high energetic efficiencies, Comfort range is provided with an innovative remote control that allows an easy interaction and boiler's programming. Third generation technology: it has never been so easy.